A passport in India is legitimate for a period of the simplest 10 years. To retain availing the benefits of the passport, the man or woman desires to renew the passport before the expiry of 10 years or after the validity expires. A passport is widely generic as evidence of identity, deal with, and age. Having a passport is extremely useful as it comes in accessible at many factors in a character’s life.
Registering Online for Passport Renewal Process
Step one is trying to making use of passport renewal thru online calls for the applicant to have a passport account on the reliable website of Passport Seva. A character can create a passport account by using following the stairs cited beneath:
- You need to first check in for the passport renewal on the Passport Seva website.
- If already registered at the internet site, you can log in using the link ‘existing consumer Login
- If not an existing user, you will have to create an account by clicking on ‘New User Register Now
- Next, select the passport office closest based on your address.
- Provide the basic details that include name, date of birth, etc., and create a login ID and password.
- You will receive an email with an activation link.
- Activate the account using the link in the email.
- Once you have signed in to the passport account, go to the ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport’ tab.
Filling in the Passport Renewal Application
- After developing an account, you will fill in the online shape.
- Click on the ‘observe for sparkling Passport/Re-issue of Passport’ hyperlink and fill in the form.
- As soon as the form has been duly filled in, click on on ‘Validate’ to keep a duplicate of the form.
- You will have to upload the stuffed-in shape and click ‘post’. It’s far really helpful to confirm all facts entered before you publish the shape to keep away from mistakes.
Documents Required for Passport Renewal
When a man or woman applies for the renewal of a passport, there are certain documents that should be submitted along with the application shape. The Passport Seva Kendra internet site has a ‘document consultant’ for the renewal of the passport. Based totally on the type of passport being renewed (normal/tatkal) as well as the age of the applicant (minor/person), documentation could differ. The general files for most packages are as follows:
- Authentic old Passport
- Self-attested copies of the first and final pages of the passport.
- Self-attested replica of the ECR/Non-ECR web page.
- Self-attested reproduction of the web page of the statement, if any, made through the Passport Issuing Authority.
- Self-attested reproduction of the validity extension page, if any, with appreciation to the Short Validity Passport (SVP)
- Proof of documents that get rid of the reason for the issuance of a Short Validity Passport (SVP).
Booking a Slot to Get Renewed Passport
After submitting the form, you have to schedule an interview based on the available slots. The process is listed below:
- After logging in to your account, go to the ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ link and select a date from the available slots.
- After you have selected a slot, you will be directed to the payment gateway as all appointments have to be paid for online. Based on the type of application (normal/tatkal) and the number of pages you would like in your new passport booklet, the fee will differ.
- You can choose from the following payment options:
- SBI Bank challan
- Internet banking
- Credit/debit card (MasterCard and Visa cards only).
- After making the payment, click on the ‘Print Application Receipt’ link on-screen. Remember to carry a printout of the receipt which mentions the Application Reference Number (ARN)/ Appointment Number when you go for the interview.
Visiting the Passport Office to Renew Passport
On the day of your appointment, carry the ARN and all original documents to the Passport Seva Kendra/Regional Passport Office.
Difference between Renewal and Reissue of Passports
Whilst renewal of the passport is finished on the occasion that the validity of the present passport expired, a passport is reissued within the occasion of the subsequent:
- Expired or about to run out of passport
- Misplaced passport
- Stolen Passport
- Exhaustion of pages
- Damaged or soiled passports
- Alternate in personal info
Within the case of renewal of passport, the present passport is given to the individual because the renewed passport whilst a brand new passport is supplied to the character while he/she applies for a reissue of passport.