Structure of Government of India
The Government in India or the focal or the association government is isolated into three principle areas specifically the chief, council and the legal executive displayed as under. The obligation of each part of the public authority is likewise referenced along.
Indian State Government Structure
The kingdom legislature or the kingdom meeting in India is headed with the aid of using the leader minister of that kingdom. The kingdom legislature is split into elements specifically the Vidhan sabha and the Vidhan Parishad. The governor for the kingdom assemblies is elected with the aid of using the leader minister himself
Structure of Union Territories Administration in India
There are a complete of seven union territories in India particularly Delhi, Pondicherry, Daman and Diu, Dadra & Nagar, Chandigarh, Lakshadweep, and Andaman & Nicobar Islands. The administrative shape of Delhi, Pondicherry is pretty exceptional from the ones of the relaxation of the union territories.
Go thru the float chart to realize the distinction among the 2 units of UTs in India.
Structure of Local Government Bodies in India
Village (rural) Administration:
Panchayati Raj: Basic unit of Administration in India, comprising of three levels –
1. Gram (Village) – Gram Panchayat (for one or more than one village)
2. Taluka/Tehsil (Block) – Panchayat Samiti
3. Zila (District) – Zila Panchayat
Gram Panchayat elects one Sarpanch and other members
Powers and responsibilities of Gram Panchayat:
1. To assist implementation of the improvement programs and schemes of the Panchayat.
2. To perceive beneficiaries for one-of-a-kind programs and schemes. However, if the Gram Sabha fails to perceive such beneficiaries inside an affordable time, the Gram Panchayat shall perceive the beneficiaries
3. To solicit guide – in coins or type or each and voluntary labor – from the general public for network welfare programs
4. To guide the programs of mass training and own circle of relatives welfare.
5. To sell cohesion and concord amongst all sections of the society withinside the village.
6. To are seeking rationalization from the Mukhiya, Up-Mukhiya, and different contributors of the Gram Panchayat approximately any specific activity, scheme, earnings, and expenditure.
7. To speak and propose suitable movement with reference to reviews of the Vigilance Committee.
8. To recollect levy of taxes, prices, rents & fees & enhancement of prices thereof.
9. To recollect all such topics as can be referred through the Gram Panchayat for its decision.
Block Panchayat/Panchayat Samiti made out of all Aarpanchas of the Panchayat Samiti area, the MPs and MLAs of the area, the SDO of the subdivision, and a few different contributors from the weaker phase of society. Block Panchayat/Panchayat Samiti works for the villages of the tehsil or taluka that collectively are referred to as a Development Block.
Zila Panchayat Chief of management is an IAS officer and different contributors are elected through the Gram
City (urban) Administration
Mahanagar Nigam (Municipal Corporation ): In Metro cities. At gift round, 88 Nagar Nigam are in operation. From each ward, there’s a Sabhashad, elected via way of means of the voters, while one Mayor is elected separately.
Nagar Palika (Municipality): Cities having greater than 1,00,000 populace (there are exceptions as the sooner threshold turned into 20,000, so all the ones who have a Nagar Palika earlier, sustain it despite the fact that their populace is beneath 1,00,000). From each ward, a member is elected while Chairman is elected separately.
Nagar Panchayat/Nagar Parishad (Notified Area Council/City Council): Population greater than 11,000 however much less than 25,000.
1. Water delivery for domestic, business, and business purposes.
2. Public health, sanitation conservancy, and strong waste management.
3. Fire services.
4. Urban forestry, the safety of the surroundings, and advertising of ecological aspects.
5. Slum development and up-gradation.
6. Urban poverty alleviation.
7. Provision of city facilities and centers consisting of parks, gardens, playgrounds.
8. Burials and burial grounds; cremations, cremation grounds, and electric-powered crematoriums.
9. Cattle pounds; prevention of cruelty to animals.
10. Vital information inclusive of registration of births and deaths.
11. Public facilities inclusive of avenue lighting, parking lots, bus stops, and public conveniences.